Theaterstück (in englischer Sprache) von Fern Schumer Chapman in Zusammenarbeit mit Joanne Koch vom Chicago Writer’s Bloc – basierend auf dem gleichlautenden Buch von Fern Schumer Chapman, das im Christel Göttert Verlag unter dem Titel “Mutterland … nach dem Holocaust. Eine Tochter fordert die Erinnerung zurück” als Übersetzung erschien.
Tickets und mehr Information unter: https://writersblocfest.org/2022-play-festival
(Es gibt angenehme Zeiten für das europäische Publikum.)
Chicago Writers’ Bloc celebrates 30th Anniversary with Benefit and 2022 New Play Festival
CHICAGO – Chicago Writers’ Bloc announced that it will celebrate its 30th Anniversary with a benefit and staged readings of 10 new works presented as part of its 2022 New Plays Festival, running May 23 to June 14 at the Raven Theater, 6157 N. Clark St. in Chicago’s Edgewater neighborhood.
The festival will launch with a benefit featuring “Motherland” by award-winning author Fern Schumer and founding member of Chicago Writer’s Bloc, Joanne Koch. Based on a book by Schumer Chapman, The true post-Holocaust drama captures intense and poignant moments as mother and daughter confront and ultimately connect with the people in the small German town the mother had fled as a child. “Motherland” also explores the complicated relationship between a mother who is haunted by her past and her daughter who yearns to discover her own identity.
This special Benefit online presentation of “Motherland” features an outstanding cast of some of Chicago’s finest actors directed by Robert Breuler and Suzanne Petri of the Perennial Theatre, with music by Grammy-nominated composer Ilya Levinson and edited by the inventive Gregory Levinson. The performance will be available in person as well as on-line. Tickets and more information are available at: https://cwb42.booktix.com
MOTHERLAND tickets can be purchased in 2 ways. Both can be found at:
- To see the online screening of Motherland only, at the website go to:
- (STREAMING) MOTHERLAND BY JOANNE KOCH AND FERN SCHUMER
- You can choose from 12 online performances. (all times are in USA Central time)
- May 23… 11:00am, 2:00pm, or 7:30pm.
- May 24… 11:00am, 2:00pm, or 7:30pm.
- May 25… 11:00am, 2:00pm, or 7:30pm.
- May 26… 11:00am, 2:00pm, or 7:30pm.
- Tickets for the online only shows are $10
- You can also purchase tickets to the Chicago Writers’ Bloc Benefit, May 23rd at Raven Theater.
- Go to: CHICAGO WRITERS BLOC BENEFIT
- Tickets for the benefit are $20 and include:
- A free pass to view MOTHERLAND online
- A free pass to any other show of your choice in the Festival.
- Silent auctions
- Food and drink
- A chance to meet the authors
- The proceeds from the benefit will go towards continuing Chicago Writers’ Bloc’s mission to develop and present new plays and musicals from Chicago area writers.
CHICAGO WRITERS’ BLOC 2022 NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL
May 23 – June 14, 2022
Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, at 7:30 pm (No performance Memorial Day, Monday May 30)
Raven Theatre, 6157 N. Clark St., Chicago
For tickets and further information, visit https://writersblocfest.org/2022-play-festival Chicago
In addition to MOTHERLAND, the festival will include four new musicals including HELL IS CANCELLED (by Wencke Braathen with music by Gerald H. Bailey), A STRANGER IN THIS WORLD (by Gerald Cole with additional music and lyrics by Gerald H. Bailey and John S. Green), DRIVING THE DREAM (by Chloe Bolan with music by Gerald H. Bailey), and MEET ME ON THE CORNER (by Gayle Ann Weinstein with music by Gerald H. Bailey). The series also features two evenings of short works, by Trish Elliott and Brian Kalz, respectively.
Over the past 30 years, the theater has helped launch many new plays and musicals. Many produced works have gone on to win national and international prizes with productions locally and around the country.
For more information about Chicago Writers’ Bloc go to:
To purchase tickets the remaining Festival shows go to: